Online Business English lessons: Email Writing in English
with a qualified British teacher
Most workplaces nowadays require impeccable English communication skills when it comes to business correspondence via emails. Business emails require special attention as they need to include a certain level of professionalism and formality. Our online lessons “Email Writing in English” with a qualified British teacher will help you write effective business emails in English, improve your grammar and vocabulary, and make you more successful in your business correspondence overall.
Book a FREE Demo English lesson with your level assessment and a tailor-made Study Plan
Have questions? Ask away! Contact our teacher Natalie here >>
Online lessons Email Writing in English: outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
– Improve your overall English Writing skills
– See differences and similarities among the different email formats
– Write more effective subject lines and email text
– Apply key language to different types of emails
– Correct common errors such as punctuation and capitalisation
– Study tone and level of formality in emails
Email Writing in English course sample syllabus
– An introduction to emails: The email screen, Email structure, Subject lines. Language: A questionnaire
– Formal and informal emails: Register, Formal/informal phrases, Abbreviations, correct spelling
– Enquires: Writing and replying to enquiries, The advantages and disadvantages of email, Polite language. Language: Email addresses and symbols, The danger of viruses
– Requesting action: Writing to colleagues, Talking about deadlines and taking action, Common verb-noun phrases. Language: Acronyms and abbreviations, To CC or not to CC?
– Exchanging Information: Informing and replying, Colloquial phrases and contractions, Quoting from previous emails, Being diplomatic. Language: An email quiz, Over-quoting
– Making and confirming arrangements: Typical phrases for making arrangements, Prepositions of time, Saying you’re sorry. Language: Domain names, Have you been spammed?